Wednesday, April 14, 2004

TUMMY SONG

My tummy is grumbling as I am typing this entry. Screaming for food. Had to fast since last midnight for my blood sugar test. Sabarlah perut ku sayang...

The blood sugar test was funny of some sorts. I've always had phobia where it involves getting poked with needle (Especially when it involves blood or medication) Hehehe... I haven't outgrown this eternal fear at the sight of a syringe/what-ever-the-Doc-use-to-poke-us. So back to the scene in the clinic.
The nurse was preparing to prick my finger to get a drop of blood. Cold sweat start to trickle down my forehead.

I keep on asking the nurse, "Tak sakit ke? (Will it hurt?)"
"Tak... Sikit je (No, just a weeny bit)"
"Betul ke? Macam mana tak sakit nya tu? (Really? How not painful is that?)"
I think I'm starting to get on her nerve lah by now... Hihihi
"Tak sakit lah. You ni nampak je brutal yek, tapi takut jarum. (Not painful. You look like very brutal but scared of needles)"

(Yes people that's me. I am afraid of needles. Heheheh)

Finally, terpaksa lah tahan. But then, there's no pain pun. Cheh, buat penat aku je nak takut. Aiya...

"Eh, tak sakit pun. (Eh, there's no pain at all)" Surprise, surprise.
The nurse just geleng kepala and smiled. "Kan dah cakap (I've told you already"
Probably dalam hati she's puzzled and gelak-gelak kat aku. Hehehehe....

Then, the result... Normal sugar level at 4.7. Phew, this means that I am normal. Yeyeah...

Ok, gotta go. Satisfy my perut. Catch y'all later...

No comments: