Sunday, June 08, 2008

Snapshots: Sarikei Bloggers Gawai Visiting 2008




Too bad I missed meeting Puteri in person. Was so caught up with everything in my longhouse; Gawai, Dad getting food poisoning and my 2 cousin getting hitched in the same night (meaning I have to somehow 'officiate' or at least be present on behalf of Dad). Not easy being Dad's girl.
Only managed to reach home in the evening on 3rd June. I drove since Dad was still not feeling well. This year's Gawai got to be the most tiring Gawai I've ever had. Penat wei...
So, we decided to have the Sarikei bloggers open house on the 4th.
1st stop, my house. Grace and Sula brought along Grace's colleague, Albert and his wife. Albert was my ex-classmate in secondary school, although if I recall correctly he wasn't one of my victims (mangsa kena dera). Hehe...
Showed them some videos taken during Gawai celebration in my longhouse. Grace was so surprised when I told her that I won the 1st prize for ngajat competition. Hehe... Are you surprised?
Next stop, we went to Cuthess' place. Albert & wife excused themselves and so it was only us, gang of 4 left. We chatted about some mutual friends and their updates. Topik wajib? Scan kaler of course..heheh
Then we went to Grace's place. Waa... I miss muni the dog so much. Muni managed to startle Cuthess and so she was screaming in the car.
Pejalai was at home, lama sudah tidak jumpa dia ni, and Debbie was not glued to her book (I think la). Grace and Sula made BBQ 'anuk' and 'ahem'. Didn't take any picture as we were busy stuffing our faces with it. Hehehe...
While I was at Grace's place, watched the news and learnt in horror that fuel price was to increase by 40% come midnight. Siyalll!
On our way back, Cuthess and I was stuck in a traffic jam (in Sarikei for goodness sake!) because of people all rushing to buy their petrol at the price of RM1.92 for the last time. Only reached home at 10.30 pm. Penat!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wai tq for ur sweated effort to enhance my photo. hehe. U are talented babehh. Aku dah curik suma gambar nya ok, kak attach dlm post aku gak.

Enda lupa gak, fuwiit ngagai nuan nyadi bidan terjun ahhh sape dance hehe selonok meda video Gawai dik. Ohh ya manah baju deraw dik hari guru wai, tau ngena nya maia aku mangkung loceg heheh. poco poco Thailand oK o oK O JET... SEBAI SEBAI.